This workshop is designed to inform, educate and assist both volunteer board members and staff about governance best practices and the effective operation of a board.
Some of the strategies and best practices you will learn in this dynamic and highly engaging workshop include:
· Principles for governing your organization
· The seven components of governing
· The board/CEO partnership
· Sample terms of reference for committee and boards
· Board & CEO roles, responsibilities & authority
· Developing board agendas & the consent agenda
· CEO performance evaluation
· Policies you need
Deb McClelland has served on many boards over the past 35 years, some following the policy governance model, most not. She has studied board governance for over 17 years and has become the go-to person for chambers across the province in all matters pertaining to governance.